Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday the (1)3

It's raining inside our entryway closet.

This morning as I was getting ready for work I heard a funny sound coming from inside of it. Kind of a ticking. I thought that one of the kitties had gotten inside and was rustling around. So I opened up the door and surprise. Water. Lots of water splattering down from the ceiling all over that stuff that we don't really need right now but might need later...you know, closet stuff. And I have to admit, I panicked.

This was the icing on the cake of a stressful week. Tony and I both had crazy stuff going on at work this week and with a new kitty in the house there had been more surprise cat pee than either of us could sanely handle (from both Charlee and Max). Tony and I's conversations were chopped down to complaints about our jobs or what we were going to do about the cats. The cats. The cats. The cats. Frankly, I got quite tired of hearing the word cats. It was always preceded or followed by something unpleasant.

So back the the closet rain. I needed to get to work and Tony was already at work so I called him to relay the problem. And probably grunt out a few good curse words. Long story short, Tony sent in a work order via email and I put the biggest bowl I could find under the dripping and drove to work, only to get there and have my manager encourage me to go back home (while the other ladies at work were chiming in about how many house floods they've had and how fast leaks can go from bad to worse and all of these other things that were putting images in my head of walking into the apartment to find all of our stuff floating in three feet of water and the cats desperately howling as they paddled around it all).

But here I am, back home. And the crack in the ceiling hasn't spread. And there are two maintenance men upstairs working on the plumbing in our neighbor's bathroom who promise to stop the leak and then drywall our ceiling. So things are getting better. Our furniture is dry. The cats aren't swimming.

Something to be happy about today?

13) blue skies in September
14) unexpectedly getting the day off

No comments:

Post a Comment